I always wanted to go to Vigan but because of the long travel time, this historic city is at the end of my travel bucketlist. But some of the best trips aren’t planned so when my friend asked me out to visit Vigan City last week, I accepted the offer! I did not follow the original plan and I headed to Ilocos Sur in advance. So in this article, I will be sharing you my solo experience in traveling to Vigan City.
There are several buses that offer trips from Cubao or Pasay to Vigan but here, we’ll be focusing on Partas Luxury Bus. Let’s go!
Partas Transportation Company (or simply known as Partas) is a bus company that caters 24/7 trips from Metro Manila to Ilocos, Benguet, Abra, and Occidental Mindoro.
Fun Trivia: The term Partas was derived from the ancient Persian word for “governor” which suits Chavit because he was a governor of Ilocos Sur for a long time.
Another Trivia: The Ilocano term “pardas” (which sounds like Partas) means “speed” or “being fast”. (1)
Who owns Partas Bus?
Pros & Cons of Partas Luxury Bus
Same with JoyBus, Partas offers different types of bus rides to multiple destinations. In this article, we’ll be talking about the perks that you can get while riding Partas’ luxury bus:
- Spacious legroom, seats are wider compared to ordinary buses
- Only three seats in a row (26-seater bus)
- With Buspad where you can watch movies, play games and music
- With CR
- Pets are allowed as long as their seat/s are paid
Here are some pictures of what you can see inside Partas Luxury Bus:
Everything is fine for me except for some things that can be improved on:
- No free bottled water and snacks (unlike JoyBus Premiere)
- Not point-to-point. There’s a stopover at TPLEX Pozzorubio (may vary depending on your trip). They also accept passengers along the way so it adds up to the travel time. Again, Partas Luxury Bus is not point-to-point.
- Backpack won’t fit on the overhead compartment
I am hoping that they can offer these in the future and for sure, I’ll always choose Partas when going up North.
Partas Bus also offers Super Deluxe (28-seater) and Deluxe seats (45-seater). The difference is that both don’t have a CR and Buspad. The Super Deluxe still has a longer leg room though and Deluxe is like the usual air-conditioned bus.
How long is the bus ride from Cubao to Vigan?
Based on my experience, it took us 9 hours to travel from Cubao to Vigan. There was an ongoing construction in Ilocos Sur and the main road was only one-way. We spent 1 hour in traffic there. So all in all, it’s safe to say that traveling from Cubao to Vigan is roughly around 8-10 hours. I had no complains about the travel time because of the traffic.
Recommended Article: Vigan Travel Guide & Itinerary For 3 Days
Can I ride Partas and drop-off in other locations like La Union?
Yes, you can ride any Partas bus going to Vigan and drop-off at La Union. Just make sure to tell the bus attendant about it because your fare will be lesser compared to those who will arrive at Vigan.
Partas Bus Ticket Prices (From Cubao)
According to PHBus, here’s the updated list of fares for Partas Bus.
Partas Bus Schedules (From Cubao)
And here’s the available schedule according to Biyaheroes which includes Luxury, Super Deluxe, and Deluxe Buses. Please don’t mind the “Seats Left”.
How To Book Partas Bus Tickets
There are two options on how to book your bus tickets from Partas.
- Walk-in – buy your tickets at the terminal in advance or on your preferred date of travel. This is recommended if you’ll be traveling on a “normal” day like there’s no holiday or long weekend. You’ll get tickets for sure without worrying about being ran out of seats.
- Online – You can book your Partas bus tickets online at https://biyaheroes.com/. Here, you can view the actual number of seats left, as well as what seat numbers are already taken. There are several payment methods that you can choose from so paying your tickets won’t be a problem. A service charge will be added to the total amount and as of writing, the service charge from Cubao to Vigan is P96.
Partas Bus Terminal Locations (Cubao & Vigan)
1. Cubao, Quezon City
Address: 816 Aurora Boulevard, Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines 1109
Contact Numbers: +63 (2) 7278278, +63 (2) 7257303, +63 (2) 7249820
2. Vigan, Ilocos Sur
Address: Alcantara Street, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
Contact Numbers: +63 (77) 7222933, +63 (77) 7222935
Travel Tips to Remember
You might know these travel tips already but it’s worth posting anyway!
- Arrive at the terminal at least 45 minutes before departure. This will give you ample time to claim your ticket (if you booked online) just in case there are lots of passengers claiming theirs too.
- You can buy tickets at the terminal but it’s still best to book online to secure your seats.
- Traveling with a student or a senior citizen? Just present their ID and they can get a 20% discount.
- Travel duration will vary depending on traffic.
- You can also read our Vigan Travel Guide and Itinerary here, https://chamtravels.com/vigan-travel-guide